You have attended workshops, you have seen them masterfully commanded by other people, and you really want to get a handle on doing this workshop thing yourself. This workshop is the workshop that will help you create and facilitate a workshop of your very own, in whatever workshop fashion you decide upon.
Russ Unger will help you identify the path unlocking the workshop achievement in whatever platform you choose. You will learn how to plan your agenda, structure your workshop, and identify the tools that are needed to help you along the way. Preparation is only a small portion of The Workshop Workshop; you will also gain from the wisdom of the CrankyTalk Workshops to help you feel more comfortable with your material–and yourself–in front of a group of people who are relying upon you to be their guide.
There will be activities where you will experience the true nature of “trial by fire” or “getting your feet wet” (whichever metaphor you prefer). That is correct: You will be leading your very own workshop within The Workshop Workshop, and presenting your findings and results back to the rest of the workshop attendees.
Bring your most comfortable pair of shoes, your favorite writing utensil, and all the gumption you can muster.
What Will You Learn?
- The importance of workshops
- Different types of workshops
- Building the right agenda
- The role of the facilitator
- Hands on workshop activities with critique and feedback sessions
- Planning and preparation of workshops
- Workshop environments
- How to prepare for workshops
- An understanding of people and personalities
- What happens after workshops are completed
- Much more hands-on work and feedback
Who is it for?
People who are interested in learning foundational skills and experience in leading and facilitating workshops.